Friday, February 26, 2010

Stuff



This pic's for you, hedgie!!------------------>
That could also be Jim with his merlot.



Stressing today. Just a lot of financial stuff going through my head. I think that if I relax, get done what needs to be done, and not overthink everything, I will be just fine. I know that if I give it to God, and let Him help me, I will be fine. I used to be one of those people who would pray, but then do nothing. I had a friend of mine say to me once "if you want to have God help you win the lottery, you have to buy a ticket." That just came back to me in the last couple days, so I guess I'm buying the ticket now. I'm doing what I can to hold back on "STUFF" and my second job is going to bring in some dough, AND my income tax return is solely going to my debt, which will be nice and I can actually pay off my big card that much faster, like in about 3 months. NO, I'm not getting THAT much back, but my debt is more than I can afford, so it's debt.
I hope all is well for you. I love hearing from my readers. If you have any good "get out of debt fast" pointers, let me know.

Love to all (or both, since I only have 2 followers, but I know some others read)!

Book to ponder: Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. Christian self-help, and also was a catalyst in why I'm trying to get out of debt and stuff. Good stuff in this book! They're not conservative. They are very sound.

2 comments:

  1. Do I get the man or the merlot???

    Formulating a plan is half the battle. You are on your way Gretchen!!! You will be just fine!!!

    I hope we can get together next week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have to assume that is a picture of me in the bath tub, because, yeah, I look good and I loves me my wine!

    As for the money...I gotta say, we're feeling much the same way! On the bright side, I finally got to the thirty day mark at one school district which ups my daily pay to $189!!! That doesn't help if I don't work in that district though.

    We have been doing all sorts of things to raise money for our adoption and so far the coloring books seem to be making the most money! We did dresses, paintings, and "That's My Pan." The coloring books are best. Weird.

    Good luck my friend!! And chin up! Maybe you should read a Harry Potter book, or Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief to get you through...or Host, by the same person that wrote your vamp stories.

    ReplyDelete