Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Living in the Bubble

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine


Hi! I heard this last night on rerun episode of Criminal Minds, and decided that I want to be late getting out the door this morning and elaborate.

For the past year, I feel I have been living in a bubble of working and coming home. I like to sit in front of my computer, and I realized I haven't been doing much outside of that. I have a job interview tomorrow for a job that defies shift work (aka, 8-4:30, Mon-Fri). I have decided that if I get it, I'm going to find a volunteer position on the weekends. I used to do that stuff all the time, and then got out of it for some reason. Understand that I love what I do now, and I will miss it terribly, but I want the opportunity to be home on the weekend. I have 2 years left with my daughter before she leaves the nest. I want to set an example by showing her the importance of volunteerism, and just having fun on the weekends (mostly, if I'm not slipping off to Carol's on the Peninsula)!

On that note, speaking of changing lives, Congratulations to Jim and Cora, who get to have their lives changed, and who get to change a little life! I'm so happy for you! There are some great things that ARE made in China! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Gretchen! We are more than a little excited!

    I volunteered for a short time at a museum in Sacramento...it was awesome! I'd volunteer here, but I like spending the weekend with my loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! we are more than excited! Good luck volunteering let us know what you decided to do.

    ReplyDelete